Sustainable CNG at PitPoint
CNG stands for Compressed Natural Gas. You can also say: natural gas under pressure. It is the cheapest and cleanest fossil fuel currently available. The next step is to make Biomethane. Even greener through the development of a sustainable, organic replacement for natural gas for carbon-neutral driving. Biomethane is made from organic gas produced by the fermentation of plant waste, sewage waste and animal waste (manure).
PitPoint is preparing EUROPE for clean fuels
Clean transport in 2030. That is our goal. We believe it is possible. We want to attain this goal by making clean fuel available at competitive prices. These fuel types are cleaner than traditional fuel. PitPoint believes, based on current data, that hydrogen fuel is the future. It cannot be used as the fuel of today yet. Biomethane/CNG is a transitional or bridging fuel that has been completely developed and can be supplied. Biomethane/CNG allows clean driving today! PitPoint is the largest Biomethane/CNG supplier for road traffic in the Netherlands and is working on expanding the number of Biomethane/CNG fuel stations Belgium, Germany, France, and beyond. A financially and ecologically viable alternative for both diesel and petrol is, after all, required NOW!
Why use CNG?
- More affordable than other fuels.
- Better for people and nature.
- Wide range of modern vehicles.
- Country-wide CNG fuel station network.
- Transition from CNG to 100% Biomethane without vehicle adjustments.
- Cleaner combustion reduces engine wear.
- Engine runs more silently than on diesel.
- Refuelling is just as fast as when getting petrol or diesel.
All environmental benefits
- 10%* lower CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions than diesel fuel.
- 90% less NOx (nitrogen oxide) than diesel fuel.
- No particulate matter or soot emissions.
* 10% lower CO2 emissions than CNG made from natural gas. Biomethane CO2 emissions are even 75% lower than that of diesel fuel. At PitPoint you can refuel with CNG or Biomethane.